You’re walking at dusk into the wilds of Riding Mountain with your guide Celes Davar. We listen, as night descends – for grunts, howls, bugles and other night sounds. Hands-on activities in the woodlands to identify and learn. Slow travel, we call it! To top it off, you’ll savour Foxtail Café snacks and hot beverages. Each Saturday features a different Manitoba songwriter’s songs, stories, and perspectives about Canada and its wilderness.
The poster for this unique fall experience Fall in Love With Riding Mountain Nature_V8_16August can be downloaded and shared with your friends and network. We would love to see you and your family or friends for this unique program.
SATURDAY DATES AVAILABLE: Sept. 10, 17, 24, and Oct. 1 & 8 only.
PRICE (Not suitable for children under 14) per participant :
- $115.00pp + $5.75 GST = $120.75
Please Book Your Participation in either of the following ways:
- Please call 204-867-7152, and leave your return phone number, name, the number of persons you are registering, and the date you are requesting. We will call you back to confirm availability and obtain your credit card information, OR
- Please email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org to request your registration: Your name, telephone number, email address, the number of persons you are registering, and the date you are requesting. We will return your email with confirmation, and call you via telephone to get your credit card information.
What is included?
- Safe guiding into the national park with Celes Davar, natural and certified national park guide.
- A 2 – 3 hour walking experience including storytelling & identification of tracks, scats, sounds, and other signs of wildlife in the area
- Interactive participation in various activities about the acoustical fall sounds in the wild – elk, moose, wolves, and migrating birds (including learning to make different calls).
- Ecology, behaviour and food requirements of elk, moose, and wolves of Riding Mountain with up-to-date information.
- Learn how to differentiate different “night sounds” and share moments of silence in the wilderness.
- Hot beverages & snacks after the adventure walk
- After the walk, an hour encounter with a Manitoba recording artist & songwriter who will share their wilderness stories, songs, and experiences. Featured artists include Jesse Matas (Crooked Brothers), Carly Dow and Ingrid Gatin.
What is not included?
- Park Admission Fees.
- Your warm clothing, boots, and other personal items to ensure that you stay warm during your outing.